For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Studentpad Limited of The Old Flying Club, Skillings Lane, Brough East Yorkshire HU15 1EN. [Our registration number is ZA018350]
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.studentpad.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our accommodation service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by STUDENTPAD, and when you report a problem with our site.
2. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
3. STUDENTPAD may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
4. Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your requirements. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology] please note that we do no collect or store payment card details; and
5. Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
6. Details requested by agents/landlords using STUDENTPAD accounts
Studentpad wants to provide online services that are easy to use, useful and reliable. This can involve placing small amounts of information on your computer or mobile phone or other device. These include small files known as cookies, STUDENTPAD may also collect the following information where available, information about your computer, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. More information can be found on our cookies page
Cookies, and the information we collect cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
1. Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task
2. Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast
3. Analysing data to help us understand how you use our services so we can improve them
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
STUDENTPAD uses information held about you in the following ways:
1. To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
2. To provide you with information, products or services relating to STUDENTPAD that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
3. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
4. To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
5. To provide to agents/landlords
6. To notify you about changes to our service.
You will be asked in advance for your consent for inclusion in each instance.
STUDENTPAD may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous transaction with you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
STUDENTPAD may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985 as amended.
STUDENTPAD may disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
2. If STUDENTPAD or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at The Old Flying Club, Skillings Lane, Brough, HU15 1EN, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can revisit your profile at any time to update and correct any personal information contained in it. Please contact us by e-mail at The Old Flying Club, Skillings Lane, Brough, HU15 1EN, email@example.com.
Studentpad is the number one platform for advertising student accommodation. Find student tenants in your city with our modern, fast, and user-friendly databases for student housing.
We currently serve over 100 higher education institutions throughout the UK and counting. Students are online now searching for properties just like yours!